Re: [dev-context] New Debian packages

Norbert Preining wrote:
Hi Taco!

On Die, 23 Jan 2007, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
Yes, just like the change to pdftex 1.40 in 2007.01.12 was absolute.

I don't agree. I could process several medium complicated test cases I
have collected over the time with pdfetex 1.30.5 from TL2005 (debian
packages) with my context packages for 2007.01.12.

The only point was that is was necessary to add the pdfetex -> pdftex
symlink, otherwise everything worked without problem.

So I *don't see that this was an *absolute* move.
indeed, as long as one is able to sort out the binaries, context will work ok; at the macro level all versions of pdftex are supported, although ... once pdftex 1.40 is out for some period it makes sense to remove pre 1.40 support

But doesn't TL2007 *inlcude* the lm-math fonts???? Please reconsider
this!
it does contain those fonts; the problem is that latex does to default to lm and if hartmut hadn't tested it, the related latex font packages would have been broken; the whole idea behind lm is that eventually crm, aer, plr, csr, vnr can go; just as with gyre fonts, the many variant can go ... less files, less problems

We are discussing this with Florent ...
good! one additional argument can be that the latest look the greatest

Hans

                                         Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE