Re: TeX Live 2006/7 start

> Hi Frank, hi all!
>
> I am thinking about starting to package TL2007 in the texlive-new
> directory. I think we are leaving the (old) texlive for etch, and slowly
> start to try to get TL2007 working with texlive-new.
>
> Maybe I will make a branch first so that we can upload stuff to unstable
> for 2005 from the normal texlive-new, and I can work in the meantime on
> TL2007.
>
> Any objections?

I wouldn't even use a branch.  TL2007 should work pretty well, and we
won't upload it to unstable before etch is released, anyway.

In retrospect, I sometimes think we should have uploaded the teTeX-2.9x
beta versions to unstable when they were working - we might have ended
up with 3.0 in sarge.  The only reasons not to do so were limited
(wo)manpower and the fact that many packages build-depend on teTeX - but
they do not yet build-depend on texlive.