picins is missing from tex-live

Hi,

I don't know whether it is a bug or a feature that TexLive packages
do not contain old LaTeX 2.09 stiles like picins.sty[1], but I would
need it for several things and I was used to have it installed (by
a Debian package (if I remember right tetex-extra).

So my question is: Is it positively intended to leave such styles
out and let the user install things like this or is it just missing
by chance and we should make a package of "misc old styles that are
widely used" or whatever.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

PS: Please CC me - I'm not subscribed.