equivalent of tetex-src in Debian TeX-Live?

Hi,

as you have noticed I started to close the bug of tetex-src after it
has been removed from the archive. When checking #232850 I noticed
that there is no package providing the mdwtab.dtx any more, the sty
file however is still in the archive. I further searched for dtx
files in the archive and didn't found some except in tetex-src and
2-3 other packets not belonging to tetex.

IIRC the only reason to provide tetex-src was a clause in the LPPL
that a "Compiled Work" (sty-, dvi file) has to be given out together
with its source (dtx file), which is not the case any more in the TeX
Live packets of Debian (AFAICT).

I can't find this clause any more in the LPPL 1.3. Does it still
apply. If yes, it would be a license violation not to ship dtx files,
it not (and it was in 1.2) it would be a license violation for all
packets refusing to upgrade to LPPL 1.3.

Just a reminder.... mdwtab itself is GPL, so the mdwtab.dtx *has* to
be shipped and this *is* a GPL violation. IMHO.

H.
--
sigmentation fault