Re: Wrong documentation for CM-Super in texdoctk

"Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐)" <danai.sae-han@edpnet.be> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> If you go to texdoctk, then to Fonts/Metafont and choose "CM-Super font
> package", you would expect some documentaion about CM-Super.
>
> Instead I get four suggestions of documents that are part of
> latex-cjk!

I get the README of hyperref...

> I thought I'd ask the list before reporting it as a bug. =)

There are actually two bugs:

- if texdoctk cannot find a file it looks for, it tries to find it in
  other directories.  This might make sense with names that indicate the
  content, but fails with README (user.dvi and manual.pdf are candidates
  for a similar error).  Should be special-cased, but I don't have a
  patch right now (actually I find texdoctk hard to read - which might
  be more due to my ignorance of Perl/Tk than to Perl's unreadability or
  Thomas' Ruedas coding style).

- cm-super is missing a symlink /usr/share/texmf/doc/cm-super pointing
  to the actual documentation in /usr/share/doc/cm-super.  As a
  consequence, cm-super/README is not available to texdoctk (and texdoc,
  for that matter).

It turns out that this list is the maintainer for both affected
packages, but since I fear I'd forget this, may I ask you to file the
necessary bugs for me, please?

In any case, thanks for noticing!

Frank Küster