Re: texlive install error ir Debian testing

Hi,

Istvan Vomberg <vomberg@chemotron.hu> wrote:

> Hi!There is a fixed(?) error:
> but on my system (Debian-testing) I can not install/upgrade tetex-live,
> because:
>
> Setting up texlive-common (2005.dfsg.3-1) ...
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/texlive-common.postinst: line
> 118: /usr/share/tex-common/tetex-bin-upgrade: No such file or directory
> dpkg: error processing texlive-common (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1

As you found out, this bug should be fixed since the source package
texlive-base 2007-7 was uploaded. But you are upgrading to only
2005.dfsg.3-1, which explains why you are still experiencing it.

> Is there any resolving against this bug?

Wait for 2007-7, or alternatively comment out the line in
/var/lib/dpkg/info/texlive-common.postinst that starts
tetex-bin-upgrade, and do as root:

  dpkg-reconfigure texlive-common

(same process if other packages failed this way).

--
Florent