Problems with invalid utf-8 in SVN tags

Hi,

as some of you probably know (there's something about utf in TODO), some
entries in the catalogue contain latin-1 characters where they should
have UTF-8.  This was annoying to me in particular in the svn tags
(date), where it isn't possible to commit changes; it happens quite a
lot, probably for all entries done with german locale in march:  The all
contain "Mär" with latin-1 umlaut in line 3, column 61.

I think that emacs21 should already do that right, at least mine did (I
replaced the first occurrences manually), maybe it's svn which is at
fault?

Anyway, for reference here's the code which I used to make my parser
happy with all files:

for dir in ?; do \
    for file in $dir/*; do \
       if ! isutf8 $file; then \
          iconv -f latin1 -t utf8 $file >$file.new; \
          mv -f $file.new $file; \
fi; done; done