Re: [ITH] xmltex, passivetex, offer to take over jadetex

Dear Ohura-san,

(Frank, Julian, see below as you are alioth admins!)

On Die, 24 Apr 2007, OHURA Makoto wrote:
> > We offer to do the same with jadetex, if Ohura thinks this is the way to
> > go.  If you prefer to keep maintaining it separately, no problem.  This
> > or that way, you're invited to join our list and team.
>
>   No objection form me, either.  Please include jadetex and me
> into a family of texlive.

Thanks a lot, and welcome!

I have added jadetex to our svn repository, and made some changes:
jadetex (3.13-8~1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Changed Maintainer to Debian TeX Task Force with approval of Ohura-san
  * changed to quilt for patching files [np]
    - add quilt to build deps
    - change rules file
  * remove tetex alternative dependencies [np]
  * add build-dep on tex-common (>= 1.4) [np]
  * move dh compat settings to debian/compat (lintian warning) [np]
  * write changelog entry in utf8 [np]
  * move dh_installtex call to pdftex (for jadetex and pdfjadetex) [np]
  * adjust build-deps to request only texlive-latex-base, and remove
    texlive-latex-recommended from run-deps [np]

Julian or Frank can add you into the the alioth group so you have write
permissions to the repository. (BTW: Julian/Frank, can you make me an
admin, too?)

I switched to quilt and patches since I don't keep the orig.tar.gz in
the repository, but set the mergeWithUpstream property on trunk/debian,
this way a call to
	svn-buildpackage ...various dpkg-buildpackage options ....
will merge the stuff at build time. You have to put the .orig.tar.gz
into jadetex/tarballs. If you have problems let me know.

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
CORRIEMOILLIE (n.)
The dreadful sinking sensation in a long passageway encounter when
both protagonists immediately realise they have plumped for the
corriedoo (q.v.) much too early as they are still a good thirty yards
apart. They were embarrassed by the pretence of corriecravie (q.v.)
and decided to make use of the corriedoo because they felt silly. This
was a mistake as corrievorrie (q.v.) will make them seem far sillier.