Re: [Jordan Mantha] Re: texlive

Hi Jordan,

> <sorry if this breaks threading, I wasn't subscribed>
> tephens <brent_stephens <at> comcast.net> writes:
>>
>> Is anyone developing texlive?  It seems that no one really works on it;
>> occasionally one of the devs sticks the debian package in the ubuntu
>> repos.
>> I would really like to see it better maintained, and I am willing to work
>> on
>> it, but I don't really know where/how to begin.  If anyone has any useful
>> suggestions, I'll listen.
>
> Interesting you asked, I've been thinking we need a TeX team in Ubuntu. So
> far we've done a fairly poor job of keeping up with Debian with these
> packages.  Without pitti and doko's work it would be much worse. A couple
> of the Debian TeX maintainers Norbert and Frank have been gracious enough
> to do a fair amount of triaging of TeX bugs in Launchpad.

I have forwarded your mail to the debian-tex-main list.  I think we all
are very open for a fruitful collaboration.  But please don't expect an
answer with real content soon - we are currently drowning in
RC+important bug reports for texlive 2007, while at the same time real
life demands its share of time...

I hope this mail is delivered okay to the Ubuntu list.  If not due to
some restrictions/moderation, there's a debian-tex group or something
like this which could be used to make this easier.  I forgot the
details, though.

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster