xdvi alternatives (was: SVN texlive (new) commit: r2708 - texlive-new/trunk/texlive-bin/debian)

> On Die, 17 Apr 2007, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> No, because --list shows the selection what WOULD be taken in auto mode,
>
>>From the manual:
>        --list link
>               Display all targets of the link group.
>
> which is not what we want. it is --display

Hm, you are right: display is what I was thinking of.  But wouldn't in
fact --list with grep be more appropriate?  Even if someone changed the
link to, say, /usr/local/xdvi, but tetex's xdvi is registered, don't we
want to unregister it?