Re: metapost rebuilds mpost.mem everytime

Hi Norbert,

has the problem b) (kpsewhich not finding formats in engine dirs)
already been discussed and solved for TeXLive?

Jörg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using TL 2007 and mpost rebuilds the mpost.mem file evertime. I ran
>
> % mpost -kpathsea-debug=-1 resolution.mp > mpost.build.log

This is because

a) /{$engine,} is missing at the end of the setting of MPMEMS and
   MFBASES in 45TeXinputs.cnf, currently only TEXFORMATS has it:

   TEXFORMATS = .;$TEXMF/web2c/{$engine,}
-  MFBASES = .;$TEXMF/web2c
-  MPMEMS = .;$TEXMF/web2c
+  MFBASES = .;$TEXMF/web2c/{$engine,}
+  MPMEMS = .;$TEXMF/web2c/{$engine,}

b) $engine doesn't seem to be set all the time:

# kpsewhich latex.fmt
# kpsewhich  --debug=8 latex.fmt
[...]
kdebug:Search path for fmt files (from texmf.cnf)
kdebug:  = .:/home/frank/.texmf-config/web2c/unset:[...]

   It seems as if kpsewhich needs an -engine switch?