Re: TexLive 2007 packages

Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm having issues getting XeTeX to work properly with TexLive 2005,
> however the XeTeX folks have assured me that all issues have been
> resolved in TexLive 2007 because that has XeTeX already integrated into
> it.

That's right.

> So on what term would TexLive 2007 packages be available for Debian
> unstable?

Norbert will correct me if I'm wrong, but I expect them to hit unstable
soon after etch is released.

> Or are there already beta packages available besides of the normal tree?

Yes, there are:

  deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ tl2007/
  deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ tl2007/
  deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ tex-common/
  deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ tex-common/

(you may also get updated versions of lmodern and context from there if
you wish, with appropriate substitution of the last component in these
source.list lines)

There may be problems with these packages, as they are rather new (maybe
you'll have to remove TL2005 before installing TL2007, for the moment).
Please report them on this list. You can get them now from www.tug.org
(signed by Norbert Preining's key); otherwise, an upload to experimental
is planned.