Re: [tex-live] [www-ptex 163999] Conflicting binary/format names: platex is polish and japanese

2007/2/21, Staszek Wawrykiewicz <staw@gust.org.pl>:
As we hopefully received some opinions from our Japanese friends, I still
believe that we can find some good solution. But I'm afraid, it will take
some time to propagate and change all existing distibutions (teTeX,
MiKTeX, fpTeX, TeX Live, as well as users' accustoms, etc.). As I see, the
consequence for the distributions would be also changing Polish "platex"
(also in directory names!) to something different, say, pollatex (it is,
e.g., important to the TeXLive's packaging concept!, not to mention CTAN
and Catalogue)
fpTEX and teTeX a are dead. I don't know about MikTeX, but I'm sure
there won't be problems with TeX Live adopting it. After all, it's TeX
Live developer who pointed out this issue.

All in all, I think that Polish "platex" would follow all the above just
to meet and welcome Japanese needs.
We are making progress here! It's good to see someone willing to cooperate.

Kind regards,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW@gust.org.pl

--
Vedran Miletić
Student at Math Department, University of Rijeka