Re: context package update

Hi Mike!

(I think to remember that you said you read the list, so no Cc to you,
but I am drunken, so please excuse my chaotic response)

On Die, 24 Okt 2006, Mike Bird wrote:
> As a test, I ignored this warning and just installed context
> and tex-common normally.  Tested OK.  I then purged and
> reinstalled context.  Tested OK.

Good. It is in fact expected like this. It is only that *not* purging
leaves the config file /etc/texmf/fmt.d/10context.cnf which is not used
anyway later on. You can deleted it manually.

> I wouldn't worry to much about trimming a few seconds off of
> mktexlsr.  The install now spends several minutes apparently

This we don't do, we call mktexlsr anyway. The depends on tex-common of
version >> 0.35 is that we need the new TEXFORMATS variable, nothing
else.

> rebuilding formats in half a dozen languages.  Generates rather
> more output than is typical for a debian package install.

Well, you are right. I defined the standard to create formats for de,
en, and it, the languages I am writing it. But this is probably not the
best default. Next versions will only have en as default. Sorry for
this.

That the output is too noisy it is a fact, I didn't change it for now, I
didn't move all the definitions for now. This will come at a later
stage. I keep it on my mind, at least I hope I will not forget it ;-)
In case, please remind me!!!

> Fourth bullet of "man texexec" has typo " from com{ConTeXt} source".

Thanks, this is an upstream failure, I will try to fix it.

> Man page still says dvips output is the default but pdftex output
> is now the default.

Same.

> All tests ran fine both times:
>    texexec hello
>    texexec --dvi hello
>    dvips hello
>    texexec mytest
>    texexec --dvi mytest
>    dvips mytest
>    texexec pdftex-t
>    texexec --mode=letter pdftex-t
>    pdffonts pdftex-t
>
> Looking good,

Thanks a lot for your testing, it help a lot!

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
ULLAPOOL (n.)
The spittle which builds up on the floor of the Royal Opera House.