Re: SVN tex-common commit: r1695 - tex-common/trunk/scripts

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@web.de> wrote:

> $ kpsewhich --show-path="web2c files" | tr ":" "\n"
> /home/ralf/.texmf-config/web2c
> /home/ralf/.texmf-var/web2c
> /home/ralf/texmf/web2c
> /etc/texmf/web2c
> !!/var/lib/texmf/web2c
> !!/usr/local/share/texmf/web2c
> !!/usr/share/texmf/web2c
> !!/usr/share/texmf-tetex/web2c
> !!/usr/share/texmf-texlive/web2c

[...]

> Now as long as the admin does not alter the search path, a file in
> /usr/share/texmf/web2c does no harm.

OK, but _it_ _should_ _not_ _be_ _there_. :)

So, I don't see any harm if we bail out when finding such a file, unless
of course you're 100% sure we won't find any "broken" installation with
a bad file in usr/share/texmf/web2c...

But I admit it is just a refinement, a safety net to ensure the various
TeX upgrades went fine.

--
Florent