xdvi of texlive

Hi all,

I was taught today by a maintainer of xdvik-ja that
xdvi script provided with texlive-base-bin used xdvi-xaw.bin
as the real binary which was different from the name xdvi.bin
used with tetex-bin and was defined by alternative mechanism
in case of tetex-bin and xdvik-ja so this alternative didn't
work with texlive anymore.

I suspect that this would break smooth transition from tetex
to texlive and it is nice if texlive could follow the same
method as tetex and provide xdvi script which call xdvi.bin
and xdvi.bin is defined as xdvi-xaw.bin through alternative
mechanism.

I hope it is possible to do as I requested.

Regards,		    2006-10-6(Fri)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima