Re: intent to do a poppler transition

On 2006-10-02 13:34:33 -0400 Frank Küster <frank@kuesterei.ch> wrote:

> Ah, but that means that you would also be interested in continued
> support of poppler for a non-gui, backend-free library?

To a limited degree, yes.  PDFKit is supposed to be phased out eventually in favour of PopplerKit.  So I'll try to support PDFKit as long as programs still use it (which I think is just GWorkspace now).

PopplerKit, on the other hand, is gui, but does not want glib or Qt dependencies, since it is a GNUstep library, and GNUstep has its own runloop.  So I would be in favour of anything that lets PopplerKit continue to do what it does without depending on glib or Qt.

> Are you also upstream?

No, but upstream is no longer active (supporting PopplerKit instead), which is why I had to do the porting.

--
Hubert Chan - email & Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA   (Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net)