Re: intent to do a poppler transition

On 02.10.06 Ond??ej Surý (ondrej@sury.org) wrote:

Hi,

> poppler 0.5.4 (f.d.o PDF rendering library) was declared stable by
> upstream and I would like to upload new version to unstable which
> changes SONAME from 0 to 1.  No API changes were done between 0.4.x and
> 0.5.x so just rebuild with new libpoppler-dev should be enough.

Thanks for informing us, instead of just doing the break.

We've got #356079 in March telling, that the API *has* changed and we
need a patch, which was posted into the bug. Do we need the patch or
not?

Regards,
  Hilmar
--
Corruption is not the #1 priority of the Police Commissioner.  His job
is to enforce the law and fight crime.