new packages for texlive (for etch?)

Hi Frank, hi all!

Ok, I made new binary packages for texlive-base, -bin, and -extra.

The changes are:

texlive-base: 2005.dfsg.2-5
  * Don't add mktexlsr calls to the postinst/postrm script of texlive
    package, as it does not contain 'real' files (Closes: #400369)
  * add an updated dcpic.sty to texlive-pictures (Closes: #388653)

texlive-bin: 2005.dfsg.2-8
  * move bin-ttfutils to tl-font-utils, blacklist everything but ttf2afm,
    add bin-ttfutils.tpm and ttf2afm.1 to the source package
    (Closes: #402983) (Closes also ubuntu #75545)
  * reinclude pslatex script and its manpage into texlive-base-bin.

texlive-extra: 2005.dfsg.2-4
  * downgrade the relation from fonts-extra to cm-super from depends to
    suggests. Default would be recommends, but a suggests is enough.
    (Closes: #399064)
  * add the missing dstroke.map, and add the addMap action to the config
    file (Closes: #400780)
  * activate ugq.map (Closes: #374351)
  * remap infix-RPN.tex and .sty from the doc hieracy to texmf-texlive
    (Closes: #402987) (closes Ubuntu bug #69690)

The .diff.gz and .dsc files are available at
	http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/src/
Those are made from svn/texlive-new

Furthermore, .diff.gz and .dsc files made from svn/texlive/trunk are
available at
	http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/src/old-method

I build bin packages from both and debdiff-ed them, no visibile
differences, all showed
	File lists identical (after any substitutions)
	No differences were encountered between the control files

I think all of these things might be interesting for etch, but I cannot
do proper testing for now, especially I don't have time to let
	debdiff
run over the packages (between the last and this incaranation). This
should be done if possible.

What I did is:
- build both types of packages in a clean cowbuilder
- run lintian on all changes and got no errors
- installed all of them (the ones build from svn/texlive-new)
- run some quick tests, nothing deep (latex, dvips, context, xdvi,
  pdflatex)

So, marginal testing has been done, so in principle we could go for it.

If someone wants to write a short explanation of what its worth for
inclusion into etch to -release, then please do it and upload the stuff.

If you want to re-edit the changelog file this should be save. To be
found in
	svn/texlive-new/texlive-{base,bin,extra}/debian/changelog
	(to build) perl tpm2deb-source.pl make-deb-source texlive-{base,bin,extra}
and in
	svn/texlive/trunk/addons-per-source/texlive-{base,bin,extra}/debian/changelog
	(to build) perl tpm2deb.pl make-deb-source texlive-{base,bin,extra}

Or tell me your opinions, and when I come back I will check on the 2. if
I do it.

Thanks a lot and all the best and a happy new year

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
EPWORTH (n.)
The precise value of the usefulness of epping (q.v.) it is a
little-known fact than an earlier draft of the final line of the film
Gone with the Wind had Clark Gable saying 'Frankly my dear, i don't
give an epworth', the line being eventually changed on the grounds
that it might not be understood in Cleveland.