This bug has been solved incorrectly:

found 377046 2.09-1
thanks

Hi Ohura-san,

I just noticed this:

,----
| latex-xcolor (2.09-1) unstable; urgency=medium
|  .
| [...]
|    * Install pdf document to texmf directory instead of
|      /usr/share/doc/latex-xcolor. (Closes: #377046).
`----

Sorry, but this is not the right way to do it.  Now users who do *not*
use texdoc have a hard time finding the document, because there is no
indication in /usr/share/doc/latex-xcolor where it is.

I suggest that you follow the instructions in

file:///usr/share/doc/tex-common/Debian-TeX-Policy.html/ch4.html#s-sec-documentation

One thing I should note here - it's not in the Policy yet - is that it
would be good if packages would use the same subdirectory structure
beneath /usr/share/doc/texmf that is used in the basic TeX packages
(TeXlive or teTeX).  In other words, xcolor.pdf could go into
/usr/share/doc/texmf/latex/xcolor/.

Moreover, README.Debian contains outdated information; if there's a file
or symlink xcolor.pdf(.gz) in /usr/share/doc/latex-xcolor, it isn't
needed at all IMHO.