Debian luatex packages

Hi all!

(at upstream, please read on, there are some questions for you, too)

I have started packaging luatex for Debian, this is not something
definitive, but I wanted to have it available in case I want to play
around and see about the progress.

Upstream please note that the package is currently called
	luatex-snapshot
as I want to make sure that this is the current state! If you still are
against inclusion into Debian please tell us.

I think after an initial phase we can upload it to Debian/experimental
or to unstable and add a RC bug so that it not migrates to lenny.

Anyway, those willing to test/check/whatever:

Debian source and binary packages:
	deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ luatex/
	deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ luatex/

The debian subdir of the source package is checked into the Debian
TeX svn repository:
	http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/luatex/?rev=0&sc=0

What is currently missing:

* (upstream, debian) decent copyright file
	upstream: I couldn't find any statement about copyright, only
	including the GPLv2 does not mean that everything is under
	GPLv2. Can you please fix this?

* (debian) build-deps are probably completely wrong

* (debian) inclusion of the libpoppler patches instead of libpdf code?!?

* (upstream, debian) formats
	currently only plain luatex is build, I guess this is ok?!

* (upstream) settings for texmf.cnf
	are there any additional settings necessary for luatex, or
	do some settings make sense

Thanks a lot for any comments, and I hope it will help testing/feedback.

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
TYNE and WEAR (nouns)
The 'Tyne' is the small priceless or vital object accidentally dropped
on the floor (e.g. diamond tie clip, contact lens) and the 'wear' is
the large immovable object (e.g. Welsh dresser, car-crusher) that it
shelters under.