Re: pslatex in texlive

On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 19:09 +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Son, 17 Dez 2006, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > There doesn't seem to be a pslatex executable in texlive; I haven't
> > checked whether there are other "missing" binaries; is this a known
> > thing?
>
> Ahh, one more of the binaries whose bin packages has been blacklisted
> due to killing of collection-psutils, same as ttf2afm.
>
> What is pslatex, btw? Should I reinclude it?

Sometimes TL's splitting is rather odd. pslatex is not really a "support
tools for PostScript files" as it says in bin-pstools.tpm. It is a
wrapper about 'latex' that adds a '\RequirePackage{pslatex}'. That way
you can compile your LaTeX file with the 'beautiful' Times + Helvetica +
Courier combination without having to alter the source.

cheerio
ralf