Re: ConTeXt package

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 08:57, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Any further comments on the ConTeXt package? I would say we are close to
> an upload, besides the usual stuff:

I'm not aware of any other packaging issues at this time.

I could wish that the documentation were better.  A lot of the examples
one finds no longer work, presumably because ConTeXt is evolving rapidly.
I spend a lot of time reading the source to figure out how features can
be used.

For example, despite the use of typescripts, different font families
seem to require different magic spells (see snippet below), many of
which are different from the examples in the ConTeXt documentation.

However these are not packaging problems.

Thanks for all your hard work,

--Mike Bird

\def\Fontname{Serif}
\def\Fontsize{12pt}

\usetypescript[adobekb][\defaultencoding]

% Uncomment just one line below, or none for Computer Modern
%\usetypescript[serif][bookman][\defaultencoding,name]
%\usetypescript[serif][charter][\defaultencoding,name]
%\usetypescript[serif][concrete][default,name]
%\usetypescriptfile[type-ghz]\def\Fontname{palatino}\usetypescript[palatino]
[\defaultencoding]
%\usetypescript[serif][postscript,times][\defaultencoding,name]

\setupbodyfont[\Fontname,\Fontsize]