Re: delayed actions for texlive

Hi Florent!

On Mon, 30 Okt 2006, Florent Rougon wrote:
> Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-tetex-maint/2005/07/msg00279.html

Where you wrote:
But this breaks Debian Policy quite clearly. Suppose package B depends
on TeX package A to build some documentation in PDF format in
B.postinst. Policy says that B can simply Depend on A and it will be
safe: A is guaranteed to be configured before B.postinst is run. But if
A is really configured (update-updmap, mktexlsr, updmap, whatever)
*after* B, B.postinst will fail.

To be honest, I can't believe that someone uses TeX&Co in the
POSTINST?!?! At build-time, yes, but I have to see one postinst that
actually *creates* documents at postinst time. Nup.

So are there any comments - besides yes in theory it breaks policy - to
the proposal I send recently (meta packages execute the delayed
actions)?

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
MOTSPUR (n.)
The fourth wheel of a supermarket trolley which looks identical to the
other tree but renders the trolley completely uncontrollable.
MO I RANA Imagine being on a vacation, and it's raining all the time,
you are driving and the kids are making you a nervous wreck. Well you
are definitive in Mo i Rana.