Re: context -0.5

Norbert Preining wrote:

> - install formats into TEXMFSYSVAR=/var/lib/texmf for root calling
>   and TEXMFVAR=~/.texmf-var for user calling

I had a look at how you accomplished this. If I got it right, you are
just setting TEXFORMATS appropriately:

if [ "$(id -u)" -eq 0 ] ; then
  TEXFORMATS=$texmfsysvar/web2c
else
  TEXFORMATS=$texmfvar/web2c
fi
export TEXFORMATS

Problem is that this looses the $engine subdirectory in TEXFORMATS that
is need by ConTeXt.

Maybe it would be better to define an intermediate variable, say
TEXFORMATS_TMP, and then use

export  TEXFORMATS_TMP/$1

in dhit_build_format() just before texexec is called.

BTW, in remove_format_files() you use
$TEXFORMATS/web2c/$engine/$format.*, which would expand to
$texmfsysvar/web2c/web2c/$engine/$format.* with a doubled 'web2c' component.

cheerio
ralf