Re: SVN tetex-bin commit: r1796 - in tetex-bin/trunk/debian: . patches

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@physik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:

> Norbert Preining wrote:
>
>> The following part should be changed according to the tex-common
>> settings, or?
>
> I *think* that most of these changes are actually no longer needed. They
> look like the setup that was used before tex-common was introduced, ie,
> when texmf.cnf was shipped together with tetex-bin. Now all paths are
> defined in the texmf.cnf shipped with tex-common.

Indeed.  This is the way the old texmf.cnf looked like, before we made
/etc/texmf a TEXMF tree (TEXMFSYSCONFIG) and even before we introduced
/usr/share/temxf-{texlive,tetex}.

It's probably better to change it to match tex-common's version, but the
only thing that really matters is the change to TEXMFCNF.