Re: depends on metapackage texlive: tex-common|tetex-bin, texlive|tetex-extra, texlive|latex-ucs

Hi Ralph!

On Son, 15 Okt 2006, ralph.amissah@gmail.com wrote:
> Depends: sisu, tex-common|tetex-bin, tetex-extra, latex-ucs
>
> For texlive, it just works, i.e. so far what I have been able to discern
> is that only the texlive meta-package is needed:
>
> Depends: texlive
>
> The following string works for both:
>
> Depends: sisu, tex-common|tetex-bin, texlive|tetex-extra, \
>   texlive|latex-ucs

I would suggest:

	siso
	texlive | tetex-bin
	texlive | tetex-extra
	texlive | latex-ucs

and leave out the tex-common. If you really *need* tex-common, then just
add it
	tex-common
but an alternative to tex-common does not make sense

> However the suggestion has been made that it would be preferable to
> select specific texlive packages rather than use the meta-package.

Not necessarily. I would suggest NOT to use texlive-full as it brings in
tons of stuff, but
	texlive = tl-fonts-recommended, tl-latex-recommended, tl-latex-base
		tl-context
so this seems to be reasonable.

> Is it possible to discern from the tetex depends string, what the
> specific texlive string might look like, and, is it possible to compose
> alternatives for both tetex an texlive using specific texlive packages?
> (I would very much like to avoid having to have two separate packages
> for tetex and texlive)

Automatically this is not possible. The best you can do is check for
which input files you need in sisu and search for them in the texlive
packages (or send me the list and I make a dlocate). Uuups, I just found
the list below, so here is my new suggestion:

For tetex you need	tetex-bin, tetex-extra, tetex-base, latex-ucs
For texlive you need	texlive-latex-extra, texlive-latex-recommended
			texlive-latex-base (texlive-fonts-recommended)

So:

	tetex-extra | texlive-latex-extra
	tetex-bin | texlive
	tetex-base | texlive
	latex-ucs | texlive
	tex-common

Concerning specific texlive packages, you can always do:

	texlive-foo | tetex-bin
	texlive-bar | tetex-bin
	texlive-grm | tetex-bin

etc.

> \\usepackage{babel}
	tl-latex-base
> \\usepackage{ucs}
	tl-latex-recommended (or latex-ucs, next version of texlive will
		remove the conflict!)
> \\usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
> \\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
> \\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
	tl-latex-base
> \\usepackage{alltt}
	tl-latex-base
> \\usepackage{thumbpdf}
	tl-latex-recommended
> \\usepackage[pdftex,
	missing package
> \\usepackage[usenames]{color}
	tl-latex-base
> \\usepackage{textcomp}
	tl-latex-base
> \\usepackage[parfill]{parskip}
	tl-latex-base
> \\usepackage[normalem]{ulem}
	tl-latex-base
> \\usepackage{soul}
	tl-latex-extra !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> \\usepackage{longtable}
	tl-latex-base
> \\usepackage{graphicx}
	tl-latex-base
> \\usepackage{times}
	better to use mathptmx, both in tl-latex-base
> \\usepackage{amssymb}
	texlive-base
>       endnotes=("\\usepackage{endnotes}" if @string =~/endnotes?/)||''
		tl-latex-base
> \\usepackage[multiple,marginal]{footmisc}
	tl-latex-extra !!!!
> \\usepackage[para]{manyfoot}
	tl-latex-extra !!!!
> \\usepackage{fancyhdr}\n\\lhead{}
	tl-latex-base

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
And finally, " said Max, quieting the audience down and
putting on his solemn face, "finally I believe we have with
us here tonight, a party of believers, very devout
believers, from the Church of the Second Coming of the
Great Prophet Zarquon. " ... "There they are, " said Max,
"sitting there, patiently. He said he'd come again, and
he's kept you waiting a long time, so let's hope he's
hurrying fellas, because he's only got eight minutes left!