Re: packages in freeze ???

> Hi all yu more experiences DD wih already one release!
>
> Going onto the Excuses page for one of the packages, eg texinfo, I see:
>     * Too young, only 0 of 5 days old
>     * Not touching package, as requested by freeze (contact
>       debian-release if update is needed)
>     * Not considered

Uh.

> But the package has been uploaded to unstable on the 8 October, so
> nothing with 0 days old.

No idea about that.

> I thought the freeze was the 18 October *and* it is lifted anyway?

Yes, it is.  But:

,----
| Now it's time for the next stage of the freeze.  As of today, base packages
| are frozen, along with the following "non-essential" toolchain packages:
| * debhelper
| * cdbs
| * bison
| * python and python2.4
| * gcj
| * autoconf* && automake*
|
| This list may be extended to include other toolchain packages as we notice
| them.  We will let maintainers know as this happens, but the canonical list
| of frozen packages is always available from
| <http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/hints/freeze>.
`----

Obviously the "we will let maintainers know as this happens" was
forgotten.

Okay, the last upload fixes a RC bug which is particularly important for
its role as a toolchain package, and should go in.  What about the other
bug, has it any potential to introduce a regression?  I'm not asking
because I believe this, but because we need to argue with the RMs.

  Looking at the actual patch, I don't think there's any problem

Has it been approved upstream?

  Karl's answer on bugs-texinfo sounds like this:  If his checking would
  have failed, he'd have spoken up.  Right?