Re: Possible regression in teTeX due to license problems: Please check whether your package is affected

Hello!

Please cc: me on reply, I'm not subscribed to the d-tex-maint list (I
set M-F-T and R-T accordingly).

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:43:37 +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> We will probably have to remove files from teTeX due to license
> problems: Please check whether your package is affected!
[...]
> Luca Capello <luca@pca.it>

I'm not a Tex expert, so I'll probably need some help to sort this
out.  Below the situation of my packages.

>    parenscript

This package suggests tetex-bin and tetex-extra if you want to have
the documentation on different PDF files.  From README.Debian:

=====
* Single file documentation

The upstream ParenScript comes with a manual in the PDF format,
composed by three different parts: an introduction, a tutorial and
the language reference.

At the same time, however, the documentation is provided for every
single part as a lisp file in the source folder:

    /usr/share/common-lisp/source/parenscript/docs/

You can open this file with your favorite editor or you can generate
PDF documents from them with the scripts provided in the Debian doc
folder.  Use the following command:

 $ sh /usr/share/doc/cl-parenscript/scripts/make-pdf.sh $FILE

$FILE is one of introduction.lisp, reference.lisp or tutorial.lisp.

The PDF documents will be available in your home folder.

Note that in order to generate the PDF documentation, you need the
suggested packages, i.e. tetex-bin and tetex-extra.
=====

>    qbook

This one suggests tetex-bin if the end user wants to produce LaTeX
documents instead of HTML one.  At least in this case I don't think
there's a problem with the suggestion.

Comments?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca