Re: Why does texlive-bin depend on tex-common > 0.26? (was: Please bump urgency of tex-common)

On Die, 22 Aug 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> By the way, what is the reason for texlive's depending on tex-common >
> 0.26?  According to tex-common's changelog, there's no functional
> difference between 0.26 and 0.27.  Did we forget something in the
> changelog, or is the versioned dependency too tight?

Besides the mktex.cnf reinclusion! Ok, it was there in 0.26 in
/usr/share/texmf/web2c, but I thought it might make sense to not depend
on a version which redos the stuff again.

So maybe yes, the deps are probably too tight, BUT: in testing there is
0.25 (which I cannot depend on at all as there is no mktex.cnf there),
so the difference is only for those in unstable, where 0.27 is already.

MELCOMBE REGIS (n.)
The name of the style of decoration used in cocktail lounges in mock
Tudor hotels in Surrey.