Re: FYI: Problems with TeX Live in HPPA/sid

[ Redirecting from debian-tetex-maint ]

Hi Martin,

Please note that debian-tetex-maint@l.d.o is a dead list and use
debian-tex-maint@l.d.o. in the future.

Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> wrote:

> FYI, the postinst of texlive-base-bin seems to fork pdfetex infinitely
> on hppa/sid.  You can watch this on paer/sid
>
> Setting up texlive-base-bin (2007-5) ...
> Running mktexlsr. This may take some time... done.
> Building format(s) --all . This may take some time...

This is probably xmltex's bug #419987. If so, the usual remedy I've read
on -tex-maint is to remove (or maybe purge, not sure) xmltex, upgrade
texlive and reinstall xmltex afterwards.

HTH.

--
Florent