Re: Problems with PDF creation

"W.Borgert" <debacle@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> only a short message, because I'm on the way to my dentist.
> The problems are more related to multi-language/multi-font
> support than UTF-8, I suppose.
>
> On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 05:53:10PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote
>> As one of the teTeX maintainers, I'm interested to hear about problems
>> you have with utf-8, and I'm also willing to help.  Can you give me a
>> hint were I can read about the problems you encoutered?
>
> I attached the dev-ref in DocBook XML to #374220(*). If you run
> dblatex over it, it will work for English, but fail for French
> and Japanese.

Yes, it fails for French, I am currently investigating this.  But this
has nothing to do with the original issue that was discussed on
debian-devel and where I was told to ask you about those problems you
had:  It will fail regardless whether you generate PDF or dvi/PS.

I haven't tried the others yet.

Debian Developer (teTeX)