Re: libkpathsea3 -> libkpathsea4 transition?

On 07.02.06 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:
> Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

Hi all,

> >> 0. wait until libkpathsea4 is in testing (should be only a
> >>    couple of days)
> >>
> > Do we have to wait until this is the case? However it doesn't hurt
> > if we do.
>
> And yes, I think we really should wait.  Otherwise we *would*get* a
> library transition, because the packages newly depending on
> libkpathsea4 would have to wait for teTeX, and go in together.

Done now. Anybody cares about filing wishlist bugs? As you can see
at my contribution lately I won't have time to do so.

> > As Olaf suspected the ABI won't, I would not care about it. I'd
> > just check if the lib work at all (if the programs in the package
> > find any file in the texmf-tree) and I guess we're done then.
>
> There might be problems because the names changed - e.g. in
> libkpathsea3, "--format=map" would find files in TEXMF/fontname, which
> are now in TEXMF/fonts/map/fontname, whereas in libkpathsea4 the format
> refers to all map files, which previously were found with
> "--format='dvips config'".

Well, I expected somthing like that...

H.
--
Finally, Zippy drives his 1958 RAMBLER METROPOLITAN into the faculty
dining room.