Re: Question for DD: TeX live upload to unstable?

From: Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
Subject: Question for DD: TeX live upload to unstable?
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 11:16:16 +0100

> Hi DDs! Hi all!

Hi all!

> More than one month the texlive packages have been in experimental, 3
> (small) bugs have occurred, all are fixed in current versions.
>
> I think I won't get more testing from experimental.
>
> Would you agree that it is ok to upload to unstable?

I tested to install texlive in my Debian testing (not unstable,
but with teTeX 3.0) system.  I found some problems.

* texlive-extra-utils had "duplicated files" with dvi2tty
(/usr/bin/dvi2tty) and dviutils (/usr/bin/dviconcat).
Is it necessary to conflict with these packages? (or remove
the binaries?)

I manually removed dvi2tty and dviutils.

* texlive-base-bin (2005-1) failed to configure as follows;
Running mktexlsr. This may take some time. ... done.
Building format(s) --all . This may take some time. ...
fmtutil-sys failed. Output has been stored in

This seemed to be cause by wrong entry "ushyph1.tex" in
/etc/texmf/language.d/00tetex.cnf
I changed "ushyph1.tex" to "hyphen.tex" in 00tetex.cnf and
run "update-language" then upgrading went smoothly.

Regards,			     2006-2-19(Sun)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima