[preining@logic.at: debian-tex Project application]

----- Forwarded message from Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> -----

Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:39:26 +0100
From: Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
Subject: debian-tex Project application
To: admin@alioth.debian.org
Cc: debian-tetex-maint@lists.debian.org, frank@debian.org

Dear Alioth Administrators!

[...]

- Finally a question I don't know wether you are responsible or not:
  We also want to merge the two mailing lists
	debian-tetex-maint@lists.debian.org
  and
	pkg-texlive-maint@lists.alioth.debian.org
  into one new
	debian-tex@lists.debian.org
  or
	debian-tex-maint@lists.debian.org
  (the exact name is under discussion on the debian-tetex-maint ML).

  Is there an option to make the old two lists an alias for the
  new list as soon as the new one is established?

  For the texlive packages is it not so serious (as they are up to now
  only in experimental), but the tetex ml is in the control file of
  tetex as maintainer in sarge.

[...]

----- End forwarded message -----

The alioth administrators don't have any control over the
debian-tetex-maint@lists.debian.org list.  We'll need to file a
wishlist bug against lists.debian.org for that; see
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/HOWTO_start_list

(And with Alioth now around, will we even qualify for such a list?)

   Julian