depends on metapackage texlive: tex-common|tetex-bin, texlive|tetex-extra, texlive|latex-ucs

Greetings, [Re sisu and sisu-pdf]

I have a package that runs off either tetex or texlive to produce pdfs.
For tetex it has a slightly complicated depends string for. With the
meta-package texlive it just works.

I am looking for a depends string that works for both texlive and tetex.
(I have in the past used tetex and only recently started testing with
texlive).

For tetex the depends string is as follows:

Depends: sisu, tex-common|tetex-bin, tetex-extra, latex-ucs

For texlive, it just works, i.e. so far what I have been able to discern
is that only the texlive meta-package is needed:

Depends: texlive

The following string works for both:

Depends: sisu, tex-common|tetex-bin, texlive|tetex-extra, \
 texlive|latex-ucs

[The previous depends string is broken for texlive which does not use
latex-ucs and I believe more fundamentally as well

Depends: sisu, tetex-bin|texlive-base-bin, \
 tetex-extra|texlive-latex-extra, texlive-latex-extra, latex-ucs
]

However the suggestion has been made that it would be preferable to
select specific texlive packages rather than use the meta-package.

Is it possible to discern from the tetex depends string, what the
specific texlive string might look like, and, is it possible to compose
alternatives for both tetex an texlive using specific texlive packages?
(I would very much like to avoid having to have two separate packages
for tetex and texlive)

This is indirectly to this bug, posted against sisu
which resulted in testing with texlive and posting this question.

Thanks in advance for all help,
Ralph Amissah

(Please cc me, not yet on the list)

P.S. If it helps the package (sisu / sisu-pdf) makes the following LaTeX
usepackage calls:

\\usepackage{babel}
\\usepackage{ucs}
\\usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
\\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\\usepackage{alltt}
\\usepackage{thumbpdf}
\\usepackage[pdftex,
\\usepackage[usenames]{color}
\\usepackage{textcomp}
\\usepackage[parfill]{parskip}
\\usepackage[normalem]{ulem}
\\usepackage{soul}
\\usepackage{longtable}
\\usepackage{graphicx}
\\usepackage{times}
\\usepackage{amssymb}
     endnotes=("\\usepackage{endnotes}" if @string =~/endnotes?/)||''
\\usepackage[multiple,marginal]{footmisc}
\\usepackage[para]{manyfoot}
\\usepackage{fancyhdr}\n\\lhead{}