Re: SVN tetex-base commit: r1664 - tetex-base/trunk/debian

Hi Frank,

Frank Küster <frank@costa.debian.org> wrote:

> Only recreate the formats delivered by us in our postinst script, not
> all, see the discussion after closing #390129 [frank]

It is my understanding that this renders your commit to the TeX Policy
in revision 1578 somewhat obsolete.

  it is necessary to recreate all formats when basic input files, pool
                     not anymore, AFAIUI

  files or engines are updated. Thus, all Basic TeX packages call
  <tt>fmtutil --all</tt> in their postinst scripts.

First, typo: s/fmtutil/fmtutil-sys/.

Second: true, fmtutil-sys is called with --all, but also with --cnffile
to restrict the effect to a few formats...

--
Florent