Re: Problems with PDF creation

Hi Frank,

only a short message, because I'm on the way to my dentist.
The problems are more related to multi-language/multi-font
support than UTF-8, I suppose.

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 05:53:10PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote
> As one of the teTeX maintainers, I'm interested to hear about problems
> you have with utf-8, and I'm also willing to help.  Can you give me a
> hint were I can read about the problems you encoutered?

I attached the dev-ref in DocBook XML to #374220(*). If you run
dblatex over it, it will work for English, but fail for French
and Japanese. I don't remember trying the same documents with
db2latex-xsl, but with the latter I did not manage to generate
e.g. Hebrew (RTL) or Greek (mixes Greek and Latin fonts)
documents in the past.

Cheers, WB

(*) There are some issues with this version: I need to change
    the xrefs to olinks, I have to reformat the text, and I will
    move the sources subdirectories per language.