Re: SVN tetex-bin commit: r1383 - tetex-bin/trunk/debian

> On Mit, 24 Mai 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
>> > Document more clearly that british english hyphenation patterns are
>> > non-free and cannot be enabled.
>
> Hmm. Damned, why didn't I notice that? They are present in texlive, in
> the orig.tar.gz as in the binary, there is even a
> texlive-lang-ukenglish.
>
> What do you suggest: Breaking off the upload? Neil - I think - hasn't
> done anything till now.
>
> Or leave it for next version?

I find it interesting that it is in texlive.  As far as I remember, the
patterns are excluded not by Debian, but by Thomas Esser.  Maybe texlive
has managed to convince UKTUG to license it under a sane license?  The
version on CTAN is still non-free (inacceptible restrictions on
modification).

Debian Developer (teTeX)