math rendering bug?

Hi,

Hope this is the right place to be reporting this.

I've tested the included latex file on Debian testing (etch). Version of tetex is 3.0-17.

The following math fragment renders incorrectly. The 1 shows up as an infinity symbol.

This is also reproducible on Debian sarge with tetex 2.0.2c-8.

I can report this upstream if necessary. Just let me know if you think this is a bug (I don't see how it could not be, but maybe I'm missing something), and also where would be the right place to report it.

Thanks.                                                    Faheem.

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}
$\cal{X}=1$
\end{document}