Re: texlive: Upload to unstable and upgrades from experimental

On Mon, 08 Mai 2006, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > With an upload to unstable, do I have to ensure that upgrades from
> > experimental are working smoothly?
>
> I doubt it.  Maybe some sort of warning would be nice, though: if the
> experimental version is installed, print a message like "You need to
> purge and reinstall" and then exit 1.

something like this would be ok if it occurs at the beginning of the
preinst scripts?

# we want to be sure that experimental versions are purged before
# the first unstable is installed
case "$1" in
  upgrade|install)
    old_version=$2
    if dpkg --compare-versions "$old_version" lt 2005-2 ; then
      echo "Upgrade from experimental versions are not supported!" >&2
      echo "Please purge all texlive packages before installation." >&2
      exit 1
    fi
    ;;
esac

BEAULIEU HILL
The optimum vantage point from which one to view people undressing in
the bedroom across the street.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff