Re: Format of the copyright file

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 05:31:11PM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm struggling with the policy requirement that the copyright and
> licensing information must be in one file debian/copyright, including
> the complete license text except for the common licenses.

Note that debian/copyright is made available through means other than
the package itself, eg the Package Tracking System.

The file could probably be useful if it was:

- clearly divided up by visual separators
- the individual sections numbered sequentially
- a table of contents at the start

Incidentally, is the Artistic License the same as the one in
/usr/share/common-licenses?

   Julian