Re: Regression testing of tetex

From: Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
Subject: Re: Regression testing of tetex
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:53:19 +0100

> On Mit, 15 Mär 2006, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > > I took ptex-bin and ptex base, unpacked them, changed all occurrrences
> > > of platex to jplatex, change the version number to nmu, and rebuild the
> > > packages.
> >
> > Hmm... is this due to Polish latex?  We had this problem back in 2000,
> > I don't know how it's been fixed back then (did we drop polish
> > latex?), but apparently the problem is re-surfacing.
>
> At least in TeX live it is here. And did resurface when trying to make
> ptexd and texlive work together.
>
> As I said, I could ask the TeX live guys about the general usage level
> of platex and whether it is considerred necessary etc etc.

I guess this is not so big problem.  At least, TeXlive without
texlive-lang-polish and pTeX work together without any problem.

And ptex-bin/ptex-base and texlive-lang-polish conflict only
with /usr/bin/platex, as far as I know (could be platex.fmt?).

So Norbert's modification would be too much, in fact I build
normal ptex-base/ptex-bin which support texlive without any
modification except dependency and they work fine under texlive
(without texlive-lang-polish).

BTW, teTeX packages don't provide /usr/bin/platex but provide
only macros of Polish latex so, practically, there is no problem
and we've never gotten a bug report regarding co-existence of pTeX
and Polish latex as far as I know.

Regards,			2006-3-16(Thu)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima