Re: latex-cjk comments

Hi Norbert!

> Great to see that you prepared a new version of the latex-cjk packages.
> I have taken a look and I would suggest the following points:
>
> latex-cjk-chinese-arphic-bkai00mp
> latex-cjk-chinese-arphic-gkai00mp
> latex-cjk-chinese-arphic-bsmi00lp
> latex-cjk-chinese-arphic-gbsn00lp
> latex-cjk-watalab
> 	please use dh_installtex instead of dh_installtexfonts

Yup, I was just about to upload a new version of it [ut infra].

> latex-cjk-chinese
> 	the whole manual stuff regarding languages is unnecessary
> 	this will be done by dh_installtex postinst autoscripts

Aha!  Thanks for the tip.  I have now removed
debian/10latex-cjk-chinese.cnf.

> Please before rebuilding the packages please build-depend onto tex-common
> >= 0.18, as 0.17 contains a wrong call.
>
> The whole problem is that 0.18 is not present already, I will ask Frank
> to do an upload soon, as the stupid error in the postinst-tex script (it
> calls build_format instead of dhit_build_format, there was one instance
> forgotten when we changed the names) otherwise makes it unusable. I
> spotted this because I followed the installation of your packages.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I haven't uploaded the new font
packages yet, so I can just recompile and then upload them tomorrow.

> I hope you are content with the new functionality of dh_installtex, any
> wishes?

Not with dh_installtex, but with update-languages.  I erroneously
thought that dh_installtex would also install the Babel .ldf and
hyphenation .tex files, so I removed them from the .install file (I
wasn't thinking straight).

At configuration, dpkg told me that the update-language subprocess
encountered an error, but it did not tell me what.  dpkg --debug=10
didn't give me much information.

So what I would like to suggest, is to have an error message built in
update-language, telling when it can't find the language or
hyphenation file in the TEXMF tree.  Something like "Can't find
pyhyph.tex; make sure it's installed in the TEXMF tree".  It could
save some debugging time when one has for example written a typo
within the dh_installtex command.

Thanks, and best regards.

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐