Re: Question for DD: TeX live upload to unstable?

Dear Atsuhito!

On Son, 19 Feb 2006, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> I tested to install texlive in my Debian testing (not unstable,
> but with teTeX 3.0) system.  I found some problems.

Thanks for testing ...

> * texlive-extra-utils had "duplicated files" with dvi2tty
> (/usr/bin/dvi2tty) and dviutils (/usr/bin/dviconcat).
> Is it necessary to conflict with these packages? (or remove
> the binaries?)
>
> I manually removed dvi2tty and dviutils.

Ok, I will
- conflict with dviutils as it contains only dviconcat and dviselect,
  but not dvitodvi nor dvibook, which are included in the seetex
  distribution
- but I will blacklist dvi2tty and instead depend/suggest dvi2tty
  Debian package.

Thanks for spotting this, it is hard to check all packages in Debian ;-)

> * texlive-base-bin (2005-1) failed to configure as follows;
>
> This seemed to be cause by wrong entry "ushyph1.tex" in
> /etc/texmf/language.d/00tetex.cnf

This is a bug in tetex which has already been fixed in 3.0-12, do you
have this version or higher installed? The problem was that the magic
header was *not* included in the 00tetex.cnf file, so it was included in
the final language.dat, *which should not happen*!

> I changed "ushyph1.tex" to "hyphen.tex" in 00tetex.cnf and
> run "update-language" then upgrading went smoothly.

Better would be to remove 00tetex.cnf, or add the magic header
% -_- DebPkgProvidedMaps -_-

Thanks a lot and all the best

Norbert
looking forward to Japan, and being angry with himself that his had
somehow not manages to speak/learn Italian and at the same time learn
Japanese fast enough ...

MEMPHIS (n.)
The little bits of yellow fluff which get trapped in the hinge of the
windscreen wipers after polishing the car with a new duster.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff