Re: dh_installtexfonts deprecated ... comments on shell script

> (Your POSIX teachings seem to take effect ;-)

Gut!

> I don't know, is all what I have written also in /bin/sh?

Yes. If in doubt, you have two possibilities:

  1. Install dash and answer yes to the question "Use as /bin/sh".

  2. Check the SUSv3 online:
     http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/nfindex.html
     (maybe the 009695399 is specific to me, I don't know: the first
     time I checked the docs, I had to register)

     -> "Shell & Utilities" link

Off the top of my head, the only commonly-used stuff that isn't in
the POSIX shell is:
  - the {foo,bar} style of globbing
  - -a, -o and parentheses in test (/usr/bin/[)
  - some options of commands that are often implemented as builtins
    (most notably, echo); I mean, builtins often differ slightly in the
    options they offer among the various shells.
  - which (but it is implemented as a command in an Essential Debian
    package--debianutils, IIRC---therefore we can use it without fear)
  - more esoteric stuff such as arithmetic expressions and arrays

--
Florent