Re: debian-tex project, members, svn, testing needed

Hi Julian SVN Master!

On Mit, 15 Feb 2006, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > PLEASE all:
> > - as soon as you are in the debian-tex group on alioth (may take some
> >   time) please check out the debian-tex repository or parts of it and
> >   check if you find any problems.
> > - for now CONTINUE to use pkg-tetex and pkg-texlive, submits to
> >   debian-tex will get lost!
> > - when we think that everythink worked I will call for a submit stop,
> >   repeat the procedure, and then ask you to *only* use the new one.
>
> Excellent!  And at the same time, I would change the access
> permissions on the existing repositories to prevent accidental
> mistakes, or change the existing commit-email.pl scripts to
> send LOUD MESSAGES to the mailing lists about such errors.
>
> > IF you think we can do the switch immediately, well, don't submit
> > anythink to pkg-tetex and pkg-texlive for now.
>
> Too late for this: let's set a date and time a couple of days in
> advance; you can make the switch at a time convenient for you, and
> give yourself a comfortable window in which to make the switch.

Ok, I think we two should coordinate. I propose:
	Thursday 16 February 2006
	10 - 11 GMT	= 11 - 12 CET
Ok for everyone?

> Everyone: Please note that there's an svn switch command which can
> save you from downloading the entire repository again.

Ahh, thanks for telling me this!

>   rm -rf /svn/debian-tex/*
>   svnadmin hotcopy /svn/pkg-tetex /svn/debian-tex --clean-logs
>   svnadmin dump /svn/pkg-texlive | svnadmin load /svn/debian-tex

Thanks SVN Master! Maybe it would be better if you could do the switch?
I would add you to the group of pkg-texlive, then you could
 - prohibit commits to pkg-tetex and pkg-texlive
 - do the above
and no need to coordinate. Not that I mind if you take this ;-)

FRAMLINGHAM (n.)
A kind of burglar alarm usage. It is cunningly designed so that it can
ring at full volume in the street without apparently disturbing
anyone. Other types of framlingams are burglar alarms fitted to
business premises in residential areas, which go off as a matter of
regular routine at 5.31 p.m. on a Friday evening and do not get turned
off til 9.20 a.m. on Monday morning.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff