Re: new lmodern package

Hi Florent,

it is good to see you back!

Florent Rougon wrote:

>   3. What is the point of create-compat-links.sh if you don't install
>      it? I assume it is not for future use by the Debian package
>      since it touches /usr/local.

The main idea is that a future version of the package will no longer
ship the compatibility links but only this script so that users can
create them their self. See the archive for the details.

I am, however, surprised that it still writes to /usr/local. I though I
had changed that, as it won't work that way. Currently the script
creates simple symbolic links 'cork-lmr10.tfm -> ec-lmr10.tfm' etc.
These have to be in the same directory as the real TFM files, ie, below
/usr/share/texmf. This is, of course, a bit unfortunate, as lmodern
would not unistall cleanly after creating the links. It would be fairly
straightforward to create absolute links from /usr/local. What do you think.

cheerio
ralf