Bug#348513: tetex-doc: tetexdoctk fails with "Couldn't open system-wide default config file texdocrc"
just my experience:
- I had tetex-* installed, but not perl-tk
- tried texdoctk and it told me to install perl-tk
- installed texdoctk and it failed with "Couldn't open system-wide default config file texdocrc"
- found this bug and did
cp /usr/share/tetex-base/texdocrc /etc/texdoctk/
- now the file is there but texdotk still fails with this error!
- strace texdoctk -> texdoctk asks kpsewhich for the location of this file
- mktexlsr ... now everything works fine.
Why was the texdocrc file missing in the first place? Is it only installed if
perl-tk is already present?
Best wishes, Meik
Institut fuer Mathematik, Uni Leipzig