Re: tex-common and priority

Hi Frank, hi all!

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> Hm, what is the reason that texinfo depends on "tetex-bin | tex-common"

Next version will not have this depend line anymore. It is actually
useless.

> Moreover, I find it strange that texinfo "Suggests: tetex-extra" (the
> weaker dependency), while it even "Recommends: tetex-doc" - what's the
> reason for the Recommends, which texts are actually useful for texinfo
> authors?

This is strange what you are seeing here, as Atsuhito has written
already, there is no tetex-doc in texinfo, or where did you find the
reference to it?

I suggest leaving it like this:
Package: texinfo
Suggests: tetex-bin | texlive-base

any objections? Better a Recommends instead of the Suggests?

BOSEMAN
One who spends all day loafing about near pedestrian crossing looking
as if he's about to cross.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff